1 2 oz. package Fisher Chef’s Naturals Black Walnuts, divided
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon salt
4 large eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
1¼ cups smooth unsweetened applesauce
1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
¼ cup butter, softened
1 pound confectioners' sugar
1½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 to 2 tablespoon milk
1. Cake: Heat oven to 350°F. Coat two 9 x 2-inch cake pans with nonstick spray. Line bottoms with waxed or parchment paper; spray paper.
2. Beat butter, sugars, ¼ cup walnuts, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt in a mixer on low speed until blended. Increase speed to medium-high and beat, scraping frequently until fluffy.
3. On low speed, beat in eggs 1 at a time until well blended, scraping between additions. Add flour in 3 additions, alternating with applesauce in 2 additions, just until blended. Divide batter between prepared pans, gently spreading until level. 4. Bake 25 to 30 min. or until a wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in pans on a wire rack 10 min., then remove cakes from pans; cool completely.
4. Frosting: Beat cream cheese, butter, sugar and vanilla in a mixer on medium speed until smooth and fluffy. Add milk, if needed, until frosting is a spreadable consistency.
5. Place 1 cake layer on a platter, bottom side down. Spread with about ½ cup frosting. Top with other cake layer top side down. Spread top and sides of cake with remaining frosting. Sprinkle top edge of cake with remaining ¼ cup walnuts.
Turkey Breast with Mushrooms and Black Walnuts
3 tablespoons butter
6 ounces prosciutto, chopped
1 cup crimini mushrooms, chopped
1/2 cup onion, chopped
2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
2 cups dried bread, cut into small cubes
2 cups chicken broth
3/4 cup Fisher Chef's Naturals Black Walnuts, toasted and chopped
2 pounds boneless turkey breast, pounded thin
2 tablespoons oil
1. Place all walnuts in a dry skillet over medium-low heat, tossing frequently until lightly toasted (about 3-5 minutes or until golden brown and fragrant). Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 360°F.
3. In a sauté pan, melt butter. Add the prosciutto, mushrooms and onions. Sauté for 3 minutes.
4. Add the parsley, sage, rosemary and bread cubes. Mix well.
5. Add the chicken broth and mix until absorbed by the bread cubes. Add the walnuts.
6. Lay the flattened turkey skin-side down and place the filling and spread it just to the edges. Carefully roll the turkey as not to put too much pressure on it or the stuffing will leak out. Using butcher's string, tie it in 5-6 places but not too tight.
7. Place in a shallow roasting pan, lightly rub the top with oil and roast for 1 ½ hours or until the internal temperature of the turkey is 165°F.
Return or exchange within 30 days from the delivered date.
1. Items received within 30 days from the delivered date.
2. Items received unused, undamaged and in original package.
3. Return shipping fee is paid by buyer.